I love planning. Planning, for me, is a time of hope and possibility, a time when I can pause from my daily routine and ask:
What do I really want?
What steps might I envision to help get me there?
I savor these questions and the work they inspire to create my own answers.
Many planning approaches focus on “doing more” or “being more productive” or “getting more efficient.” These are fine goals to have.
However, my Yakama teachings refuse the more, more, more approach that can so often lead to stress, overwhelm, and burnout; even worse, the more, more, more approach can encourage us to sacrifice many months or years to achieve a goal, and fail to feel content, fulfilled, or joyful.
My favorite Aunties encourage me to place kindness and creativity at the center of my planning. Once I’m clear on the kind, fierce, and creative dreams I want to pursue, it’s easy to set clear and inspiring goals and I have a sense of ease around letting some things go.
A wonderful gift in this process is developing the courage and wisdom to do less. Many times, doing less is the most productive thing we can do.
Maybe you want to join The Auntie Way Quarterly Planning Workshop on Friday, March 24 at 10am-1pm Pacific (1-4pm Eastern).
In this three-hour workshop (via Zoom), we will use The Auntie Way approach centering kindness, fierceness, and creativity to design the second quarter of 2023 (April, May, and June).
What should you bring when you attend the workshop?
· Your preferred calendar(s)
· Your lists of existing and desired projects and commitments
· Any helpful reflective notes or insights on your work and life from the first quarter of 2023 (January, February, March)
· Any materials you need to support your vision for an awesome second quarter of 2023!
· Water/snacks/refreshments to help sustain your energy and focus for this 3-hour workshop
What will we do during the workshop?
We will engage a lovely 5-step process:
· Practice gaining clarity and confidence in how we want to be and what we want to do in our work and lives
· Examine existing planned commitments and decide if we want to carry them forward into the second quarter of 2023 (or let them go)
· Choose commitments to place on our calendar(s) for the second quarter of 2023
· Identify spaces of possibility on our calendars
· Draft a joyful, sustainable plan for creating a beautiful future for our work and lives
Most of the workshop will be dedicated time for you to implement these five steps. We will have multiple stretch breaks during which we can savor sharing and check-ins to build community and experience support by addressing insights, questions, and challenges that arise. To respect that planning sometimes has difficult questions or topics we must work through, the workshop will not be recorded. Ideally, you will attend the entire workshop and work in a space that is free of distractions and interruptions. However, if this isn’t possible and you still want to attend—go ahead and join us! Any time and energy you can dedicate to creating a fabulous quarterly plan is a lovely investment in a future you desire!
When is the workshop?
Friday, March 24
10:00 am – 1:00 pm Pacific time (1pm-4pm Eastern)
Register here: https://anahuy-mentoring.mn.co
I welcome you to engage a joyful planning process that honors sustainable and nurturing ways of being and working! I hope to see you on Friday, March 24 in this beautiful, powerful collective space!
If you are craving community and support around your writing, maybe you want to join my Spring 2023 The Auntie Way Writing Retreat nine-week course that begins on Friday, April 7. Registration is now open.